Update: February 19th, 2010
My friend Evan Curry does these periodic updates about what is happening in his life. And for awhile I laughed at these updates. I vowed I would never do an update like one of his. Because in my mind I was a “serious” blogger. And then after further reflection, I remembered that Evan is also a serious blogger (and he blogs about things I barely understand).
So here’s an update on life in Bristol.
- As I write this, I have a kitty in my lap and another kitty on my feet. Which means that both of our rescue kitties not only trust me but are also starting to get along better. I’ve learned that caring for someone other than myself is important but sometimes it is better to practice on the cats. I have no expectations for their behavior and I’m never disappointed. Only happy when they choose to curl up on my lap.
- A year ago today, my grandfather passed away. It has messed with my head more than any other event today. I’m still not sure I’m entirely okay but I’ve become a lot better at putting one foot in front of the other.
- Our little church plant that could is the little church plant that does. We’ve started the paperwork for incorporation. We’ve been bringing the homeless to services. Our home groups (small intentional groups) have been flourishing.
What I’m Reading:
- I may have read Cassandra Clare’s “Mortal Instruments” this week. While not heavy reading, I did enjoy losing myself in a story for a few days. Note: If you liked Twilight, you might as well just go out now and pick up the three books in the “Mortal Instruments” series.
Looking Forward To:
- Our Ash Wednesday/Sunday service at Redemption this week.
- My friend Susan and I have decided that now is the time to start work on opening a coffee shop in Bristol. I’ve dreamed about this for years and we’ll see how it goes but I’m excited about the potential.
- Brian’s oldest sister is getting married in May and we get to go to a wedding in Vegas.
Have a good weekend.